Ms. Prestwood Turns Invisible in Chemistry Experiment Gone Wrong

Billy Lloyd

Poof! With a sudden burst, flames erupted from the beaker, producing not only a gush of smoke but also consuming chemistry teacher Sarah Prestwood. Last Tuesday, the H Block Chemistry Honors class witnessed a mishap that left everyone shocked, as Prestwood unpredictably vanished into thin air during a demonstration. 

Prestwood, known for her captivating chemistry demonstrations, was in the midst of showcasing a combustion reaction when disaster struck. Witnesses Trevor Koo and Mailey Wang recall seeing a sudden cloud of smoke before Prestwood vanished into thin air. 

“At first, I thought the smoke was part of the reaction, until I looked around and Ms. Prestwood wasn’t there anymore,” Wang said.

Koo recalls his own memories of the incident, initially expressing confusion towards the event. 

“I thought Prestwood was pulling a magic trick on us, but turns out bro actually managed to disappear,” said Koo.  

Despite the sudden disappearance of Prestwood, the chemistry class continued as if nothing ever happened.

“Please make sure to write down your observations for the reaction in your labs,” now-invisible Prestwood said, her voice echoing through the room.

Prestwood appeared to be fully unaware of her disappearance, as she continued to teach class while giving further directions as to how to proceed with the lab analysis.

“It was so weird,” said Koo. “We could hear her yapping about the reaction she had just demonstrated, but there was no sign of her anywhere when we looked around. I thought I was hallucinating.”

As the H Block students left class without telling Prestwood about her disappearance, sophomore Jerry Yan came in for his G Block class.

“When I sat down at my desk, I heard a voice greet me right behind me,” he said. “So I screamed really loud, because I thought it was a ghost.”

As more of his classmates came into class, Yan seemed to understand and hence explained the situation to his peers. Determined to bring Prestwood back to her solid form, the G Block students relentlessly tried numerous but unsuccessful attempts to bring Prestwood back to how she was before.

“I threw some Pepto-Bismol tablets from my backpack at her, because it’s supposed to reduce gas,” Yan said. “Turns out Pepto-Bismol is a scam, because it didn’t work.”

As hours turn into days, the mystery of Prestwood’s spontaneous transformation deepens, remaining unresolved. Will someone figure out how to get her back to solid form, or will she remain a floating voice in the halls of Pinewood? Please DM her Instagram @save_prestwoodpresto for any solutions.